Have you a knack for organization, hands that like to keep busy, and brain for entrepreneurship? Then you may want to consider starting your own cleaning business. If you have considered or are currently considering establishing a cleaning business here are five tips to get you started:
1. Go Green. As more and more information comes to light about chemical infiltration and toxicity in the home, families are turning away from chemicals and back to environmentally safe products. There are alarming studies out there about the presence of harmful chemicals in the blood stream of our children that support a return to organic and non-toxic cleaning products. Market yourself to the concerned parent, and with a bit of elbow grease and white vinegar you can establish yourself quickly as the go-to green cleaning company for families in your area.
2. Know your community. Get to know your neighbors, find out who your competition would be in the area before you set your service guide or budget. You don’t want to be the most expensive or the cheapest home cleaning service provider in your area.
3. Go corporate. Office cleaning is where the big money is at. If you have the availability to work nights then you might want to market yourself to local businesses as an office cleaning service provider.
4. Use the Internet. The Internet is becoming the number one method of consumer shopping. You will want to have some form of web presence and use the web’s free services (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Craigslist) to advertise for new clients.
5. Get the right software. Be it using Google calendar for free or buying Office with Outlook, you will want some easy to use scheduler to keep track of your clients, not to mention some form of accounting software like Peachtree or Quickbooks.Starting a home cleaning business in your community is easier than you might imagine, and if you are able to offer a high value for a decent price you will gain customers through word of mouth. Good luck!